2022 CEA Summit East
The Controlled Environment Agriculture Innovation Center (VT-IALR CEA-IC), a partnership between the School of Plant and Environmental Sciences at Virginia Tech and the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research, and Indoor Ag-Con invite you to participate in the first CEA Summit East in Danville, Virginia.
What is CEA Summit East?
It is a conference featuring speakers highlighting different aspects of the CEA industry in keynotes, panels, and breakout sessions.
It is a networking event featuring tabletop exhibits from suppliers showcasing the latest CEA innovations and services with a host of opportunities to meet with peers and potential new business partners during meals, coffee breaks, and an evening social event.
The CEA Summit East co-hosts are uniquely qualified to bring the CEA industry and academia together to boost growth opportunities for all:
The Controlled Environment Agriculture Innovation Center is a joint project between the School of Plant and Environmental Sciences at Virginia Tech and the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research (IALR). Housed primarily within a modern indoor agricultural complex on the campus of IALR in Danville, VA, the center features hydroponic and soilless systems/production systems and facilities including indoor growth rooms, greenhouses, growth chambers, and vertical growing racks. The center’s scientists and technology teams are working closely with the industry’s top growers and suppliers on a number of key projects.
The Indoor Ag-Con team of seasoned event professionals produces the premier trade show and conference for indoor |vertical farming | controlled environment agriculture. Experiencing record growth each year, its events touch all sectors of the business — covering produce, legal cannabis |hemp, alternate protein, and non-food crops – and attract decision-making growers, investors, real estate developers, agtech leaders, produce buyers, academics, policymakers, industry suppliers and advocates from across the US and 20+ other countries.
Who Should Attend?
Everyone interested in controlled environment agriculture (CEA).
- Indoor & Greenhouse Growers
- Facility Owners & Operators
- Government Officials
- Real Estate Developers
- Architects, Construction Specialists
- Sales & Marketing Teams
- Industry Manufacturers & Suppliers
Why Attend CEA Summit East?
- Attend educational sessions – Come hear from and interact with speakers through panels, breakout sessions, and industry and research updates.
- Network with industry suppliers showcasing CEA innovations at tabletop exhibits – Enjoy a great opportunity to get to know individuals with different perspectives within CEA throughout the event and at our evening social gathering!
- Compete in the poster competition – Graduate students in CEA-related topics are invited to present their work in a poster competition.
- Ignite ideas – One of the best ways to bring about new ideas and solve problems is by taking a trip and having great discussions to gain a new perspective.
- Learn – CEA is growing, and so is the need to fill positions with talented individuals. This is an opportunity to teach new talent and on the other end, learn from CEA experts.