The Virginia Tobacco Region Revitalization Commission is now accepting applications for the Talent Attraction Program. To be eligible, recipients must:
• Have graduated between December 1, 2020, and December 31, 2022, with a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution of higher education, public or private, in-state or out-of-state
• Be able to legally work in the U.S.
• Reside within the Tobacco Region during the 24-month period of employment in which the award is made.
• Begin full-time employment in the tobacco region within six months of the award letter or graduation, whichever is later, and work for 24 months in one of the following hard-to-fill occupations:
Ø Industrial or Electrical Engineer
Ø Information Security, Network, or Computer Systems Analyst
Ø Speech Language Pathologist, Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist
Ø Public School Teacher in Science, Math, Technology/Computer Science, or Career and Technical Education (Grades 6-12)
*Please note that Special Education Teacher is no longer an eligible occupation for this round of the program.
• Have qualifying educational loans
• Become significantly civically engaged in their community by volunteering with local non-profit or government activities, such as the United Way, Ruritan Club, Junior League, PTA, citizen committee for local government, local fire/EMS, food banks, youth sports coach, etc., with a total annual engagement of at least 50 hours of work.
The application deadline is March 31st, 2022.
Informational webinars providing a program overview, application details, and requirement specifications will be offered in the coming weeks. These sessions will include a Q&A session and will be hosted by TRRC staff. Please keep an eye on your inbox for a separate invite.
For more details about TAP and to submit your application, please visit our website.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804-225-2027.